Funeral March for Capitalism, May 1

OB Everyone everyone at lists.people-link.net
Mon Apr 29 22:12:14 EDT 2013

The Funeral March for Capitalism
May 1, 2013
7:00 to 10:00pm
Begin: 7-8pm Park Street T Station
End: Approx. 10pm Sam Adams Statue at Fanueil Hall, Quincy Market

Come together to celebrate the death of a bad idea, and lay it to rest in a
colorful street theater procession like no other!
Come see the spectacle or even better, take part yourself.

Show up at 7pm at the corner of Park and Tremont Streets on Boston Common.
if you want to join in the parade. We'll have people teaching parts
encompassing a wide range of puppets and movements. An open casket
visitation period at 7:30pm, followed by an opening ceremony right around
8pm. Then, we will take the streets with our puppets, masks, and costumes!
The march will take us through downtown and end at the Sam Adams Statue at
Fanueil Hall. There will be a closing ceremony with the musical stylings of
the Second Line Social Aid and Pleasure Society, helping us bury this bad
idea.

This is an event open to people of all ages, backgrounds, and
ability-levels. Families welcome. We have plenty of puppets for young kids
and old ones. It's also after all the other May Day events, so you can go
to East Boston beforehand.

If you have any questions feel free to email the Boston Radical Arts
troupe, at thebostonrat at riseup.net

Hope to see you all there on May Day!

(submitted by Aria)