STAND UP FOR WORKERS' RIGHTS ON SATURDAY! MFA @ NOON, JP WHOLE FOODS @ 3 PM

Geoff Carens geoff.carens at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 15:54:33 EST 2016

Join the Boston IWW between 12 and 2 pm, tomorrow (Saturday), at the Museum
of Fine Arts. We'll support unionized MFA workers as they picket
<https://www.facebook.com/events/1514826805485263/> the elite institution,
at 465 Huntington Avenue Boston (Green Line E train to the Museum of Fine
Arts stop, or the Orange Line train to the Ruggles stop). The MFA is
harming working families, and forcing single parents and others to quit due
to impossible scheduling!

Then at 3 pm, defend employees of Whole Foods in Jamaica Plain. After 16
workers signed a petition asking for higher pay in the face of crushing
workloads, management fired Ryan, a cook and the first worker to sign the
petition. Ryan is suing Whole Foods
<https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2016/01/22/fired-whole-foods-worker-sues/ySz2kn7k958jPV7unaRu2M/story.html>;
join friends and supporters as well tell the company to raise wages and
re-hire Ryan! We'll meet at 413 Centre Street in JP (Jackson Square or
Stonybrook T stop on the Orange Line or 39 bus).

Boston IWW Blog <http://iwwboston.org/>
Boston IWW Facebook Group <https://www.facebook.com/groups/48522752263/>
Boston IWW Facebook Page <https://www.facebook.com/BostonIWW/?fref=nf>
IWW Website <http://www.iww.org/>