[Everyone] Please sign this petition to allow new rural radio to be established where there are no current stations

Roger DiPaolo rogerdipaolo at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 1 17:46:32 EDT 2017

Dear friends,

I wanted to let you know about a new petition I created on We the People, a new feature on WhiteHouse.gov, and ask for your support. Will you add your name to mine? If this petition gets 99,999 signatures by October 01, 2017, the White House will review it and respond!

We the People allows anyone to create and sign petitions asking the White House to take action on a range of issues. If a petition gets enough support, the White House will issue an official response.

You can view and sign the petition here:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/allow-new-non-profit-amfm-radio-licenses-be-issued-remote-rural-areas-where-there-no-current-radio-service

Here's some more information about this petition:

Allow new non-profit AM/FM radio licenses to be issued in remote rural areas where there is no current radio service

There are remote rural areas of the US where an AM or FM radio will not pick up any stations at all - such as in parts of Alaska, and the citizens in these areas are being denied the ability to receive information of local interest over the airwaves. The FCC seems to completely ignore these areas where there is a legitimate need for broadcast radio, but nothing but static can be heard from one end of the AM and FM bands to the other. Currently the FCC claims that the airwaves are too full to accommodate new AM stations - as if turning a blind eye to and discriminating against US citizens who live in very remote rural areas where there is nothing but static on the airwaves. This petition asks for new non-profit AM and FM radio licenses to be made available in such very remote areas.