[Leftforumvolunteers] Left Forum Volunteer and Internships Opportunities - Please Help

Left Forum volunteer at leftforum.org
Thu Dec 9 21:46:17 EST 2010

Dear Past Volunteers and Friends of Left Forum,

We are calling on all our friends and allies to help us develop the
conference organizing process. The conference will be held on March 18-20,
2011 at Pace, NYC. This year's theme is “Toward a Politics of Solidarity”.

This upcoming organizing period will be quite engaging for all who can help.
We have a new website and new conference organizing systems that will enable
volunteers and interns to uniquely focus their work on projects and
collective efforts.

Please consider helping out the effort as your participation is vitally
needed. We have attached intern descriptions below.  Left Forum provides
volunteers and interns with opportunities to:

   - Hone media and communications skills to develop pre-conference coverage
   and on-site interviews and media presence
   - Reach out, talk to, and involve students, community
   organizations, social movement organizers and others in developing panels,
   events or conference turnout
   - Help manage an event by working with progressive publishers
   and organizations in one of the largest yearly Left book and
   organization fairs in the country
   - Develop online and promotional graphic design—your work will be seen by
   thousands of people
   - Work with videographers in producing and promoting conference clips and
   interviews, and recording conference events
   - Work on Left Forum website and database systems; learn
   the infrastructure-building components of large organizing processes
   - Help with event planning for conference operations
   - Learn editorial skills: help produce and edit the program guide and
   other promotional literature
   - Join the fundraising/development team

We also encourage general inquiries, as we have project oriented work in all
the areas that the radical imagination can plumb.

For any questions please email volunteer at leftforum.org, or visit the
internships or home page on the website: Left Forum
internships<http://www.leftforum.org/internships>or
www.leftforum.org. If you know others who might be interested please forward
this email.

Thank You,

Seth Adler

Rahel Aima

Paco Salas

Farah Khimji

Vicente Rubio

For the Left Forum conference organizers

212 817-2002

* *

*About Left Forum: *Convening each spring in New York, Left Forum is the
largest annual international conference of its kind. Continuing a tradition
begun in the 1960s, the conference involves a broad spectrum of progressive
intellectuals, organizers and academics.  Conference speakers and
participants come together at the Forum to share ideas to transform the
world, and to better understand commonalities, differences, alternatives to
current predicaments, and a wide range of critical perspectives on the
world.  Left Forum 2010 conference last March featured Noam Chomsky and drew
more than 3,000 participants for 230 panels.