Cuban political cartoon exhibit

OB Everyone everyone at lists.people-link.net
Sat Mar 9 10:04:37 EST 2013

The occupy movement definitely grabbed the attention of Cubans. In this
solidarity statement read at San Quentin Prison in Feb. of 2012, Gerardo
Hernandez explains why:

On behalf of the Cuban 5 we send you our solidarity on this the National
Occupy Day in Support of Prisoners. We know first hand about the injustice
inherent in the U.S. judicial system. In our case we are serving long
sentences for defending our country against terrorist attacks by monitoring
groups whose whole existence is to carry out violent acts against Cuba. It
is our hope that what you are doing today will bring attention to the
plight of those behind bars and help bring about a more humane society that
provides jobs, housing, education and opportunity instead of incarceration.

A big embrace to you all
Venceremos!

Gerardo Hernandez
Victorville Penetentiary

Everyone is invited to see a powerful exhibit of the cartoons of Gerardo
Hernandez on display at the Arts at the Armory gallery in Somerville, 191
Highland Ave, between Davis and Union Squares, March 15th to the 23rd.

Join us at the opening, Fri, March 15th from 7 to 9.

For specific hours we'll be open and to see an example of Gerardo's work,
go to www.july26.org

In struggle,
Nancy

--
Nancy Kohn
International Committee for the Freedom of the Cuban 5